Its amazing how the tune analysts have been singing has started changing recently. Bloomberg has done a round up of analyst and carrier comments on the launch of BlackBerry 10 and the results are coming out “very positive.” There is some serious pent up demand going on though it looks like we will be having sell outs spreading from the UK to Canada and the UAE. Here are some of the comments:
- Bell Canada said early orders for the Z10 have topped any previous BlackBerry model
- Rogers, Bell Canada, and Telus, said its early customer response to the Z10 has been “very positive,”
- “Initial feedback we have received from distributors on the first days of sales is particularly positive” - Pierre Ferragu – analyst at Sanford C. Bernstein in London
- One Carphone Warehouse outlet in the U.K sold out of the model in less than 20 minutes
- O2 is pleased with sales of the Z10
- Peter Misek, an analyst at Jefferies & Co. in New York… rates BlackBerry a buy. Carphone Warehouse is seeing widespread sellouts, while carriers O2, Vodafone Group Plc, Orange and EE are seeing robust demand, Misek said, citing that checks he and his colleagues have made.
Some analysts are singing a different tune but it seems like this launch in the UK and Canada first is not hurting BlackBerry as much as some analysts believe. Now if only they could expedite the launch in the US that would only help…