RIM let us know that they have confirmed the details of the Last Chance Port-A-Thon happening this weekend. With the amazing success of previous port-a-thons they are going into the home stretch with some changes. RIM let us know that this Last Chance Port-A-Thon allows BlackBerry 10 apps built using any development approach which means BlackBerry App Generator and Adobe Air apps are eligible along with Cascades, Native, Android, & WebWorks. The rules are the same with the addition of the limited device giveaways:
- Port one or more approved apps and you’ll receive $100 per eligible app, to a maximum of 20 paid applications per Vendor
- Additionally, submit five (5) or more apps and be entered into a random draw for one (1) of two hundred and fifty (250) Limited Edition BlackBerry 10 devices. You’ll receive one (1) entry for the first five (5) approved apps and an additional entry for each approved app after that.
- Register as a Vendor at BlackBerry World if you haven’t already.
- Request signature keys. Make sure that you select for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ OS and BlackBerry 10 and higher. Downloading in advance is strongly recommended as the time involved to do so could prevent you from earning rewards.
- Load up your laptop BlackBerry tools and plug-ins. Make sure you have your full source code file readily available too.
- Make sure you have your images and icons ready to go.
- Last but not least, don’t forget to register for the event.
PS: Let us know what you think about RIM expanding the Port-A-Thon to all apps including the App Generator in the comments!