Yet another update to BBM has been released in the beta zone for those who gotta have the latest build. This is the version that is slated to be officially released soon. I am impressed with how much has gone into improving these beta versions which of course includes the awesome BBM Voice feature.
If you haven’t grabbed the newest BBM yet because you don’t want to become a member of the Beta Zone, don’t let that stop you. It has been nicely streamlined by integrating your BlackBerry ID into their login system. No other registration or fussing necessary.
All you have to do is click on the link below, sign up using your BlackBerry ID, go to the downloads section, and download away! After your download is complete you will be sent an email with your unique (ridiculously long) keycode to activate the software.
Click here to get started or continue your adventures with the BlackBerry Beta Zone.
Here is the list of fixed issues for BlackBerry Messenger 188.8.131.52:
- Call stays ‘connecting’ for a very long time
- In the message “Missed voice” name of the contact is not visible
- ‘Not talking’ and ‘Not interested’ emoticons swapped
- Emoticons appear small, regardless of font size
- Emoticons don’t match in status message and display name after changing font sizes
- Uncaught exception or no audio when calling between 9810 and a 9981 on 7.0 OS
- Device opening a secure connection to sip.int.voip.blackberry.com but the server’s certificate contains a different domain: sip.voip.blackberry.com
- The timestamp in the email text that is forwarded from BBM Group Chat is not accurate
- Declining a phone call while in a voice chat will cause the voice chat to have no audio
- BBM contact status not updated correctly and BBM Voice icon remains disabled after Child Protection goes from enabled to disable
- While in a active phone call, receiving a BBM Voice Call will put the device in speaker mode automatically for OS 7.1.0 device
- While in a active phone call, receiving a BBM Voice Call will drop the audio for the phone call for OS 6.0 device
- After cancelling an outbound call another outbound call is placed automatically
- Chat ended with call history added twice
- Unable to restore BBM contact list for one-time recovery from SD card when SD card has 0 bytes free
- User can send voice notes while on a call using convenience key and with on screen attach button
- Device becomes frozen after receiving an MVS call during a BBM Voice chat
- When receiving a phone call while in a voice chat, there is no audio in a voice chat when ringing
- When receiving a phone call while in a voice chat, the message explaining that accepting the phone call will end the voice chat is cut off
- No menu option to activate speaker phone or headset when call screen is minimized
- Contact Voice Status appears in italics beside music symbol when replacing Music status
- NullPointerException popped up on screen after battery pull
- BBM still shows the Name of the song as status, even though the song is not playing and Show What I’m Listening To is unchecked