For those lucky developers with BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha A or B devices here is some good news. RIM has released a new OS v10.0.9.1103 for the devices that brings some nice changes though a bit of lag that I don’t like. This opens a bit of the BlackBerry Hub for developers to play with and brings the new UI icons and changes. There are also some improvements to BlackBerry App World which is now called BlackBerry World along with support for paying for apps.
Check it out by doing an OTA update or plugging your Dev Alpha into Desktop Manager. You can find the full release notes here or excerpted below:
- BlackBerry App World storefront has been re-branded as BlackBerry World
- BlackBerry World now supports payments for apps and games, and in-app payments
- BlackBerry Hub placeholder is now available
- When you turn on Development mode on the device, a notification is sent to the Hub and an indicator light flashes
- Various updates have been made to the look and feel of UI components and the standard size for application icons. For more information, see the UI guidelines
This section lists known issues for BlackBerry 10.0.0 Development Alpha B.
In some instances, sharing a web page in a browser using NFC may result in the BlackBerry device entering sleep mode.
In some instances, if you connect your BlackBerry device to another device using an HDMI cable, the audio might not behave as expected.
Pictures added to Gmail contacts on the BlackBerry device do not appear in the contact’s details until you re-enter the contact details. After you exit and open the contact application the contact pictures appear as expected.
The BlackBerry device does not connect to the 3G network on bootup. As a workaround, you can force the BlackBerry device to 3G mode.
If you change your mobile network settings so that your device connects to a 2G mobile network (such as GSM), you might see a cell broadcast message on your device every two or three minutes.
Pictures added to contacts on the BlackBerry device are not synchronized to Microsoft Outlook.
In some instances while playing media files, the audio may be clipped for a fraction of a second.
Time settings may not be updated if you change time zone in the Date and Time settings.