RIM has long had a loyal following of Novell GroupWise customers using BlackBerry Enterprise Server. RIM has a holiday gift for them in the form of Service Pack 4 for BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5. This essentially brings them up to date with exchange and supports the upgrade to BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10 when it launches with BlackBerry 10 devices.
Key new features include:
- BlackBerry Mobile Fusion integration
- BlackBerry Balance capabilities
- Microsoft Office 2010 attachments support
- The ability to export data from into .CSV or .XML files for reporting and reference
- Enhancements and stability improvements to BlackBerry Administration Service