I am really curious to see the results of RIM’s releasing the Gold SDK for BlackBerry 10 on December 11th. There are quite a few deliverables there that could really be interesting. For example, the December Gold release will be bringing support for the 720×720 screen resolution and physical keyboard integration. In other words this will allow developers to develop for the QWERTY BlackBerry 10 device.
Some other very interesting arrivals that are coming in December: (Let me know if you spot more!)
- RIM is adding Native API’s for HID Gamepad support – In other words we are talking Bluetooth joysticks!
- Developer support for the BlackBerry 10 IDE in Windows 8 (DEC 11th) and OSX Mountain Lion (Nov 29th)
- Asset selectors for Cascades allow the same app to act or look differently based on the BlackBerry 10 device (QWERTY or Keyboard)
- BBM communication channel API’s – This will allow developers to make multiplayer games or apps that directly talk between users over BBM.
Check them out for yourself here:
- Native SDK
- Cascades Application Framework Roadmap
- Core lower level API Roadmap
- HTML5/BlackBerry WebWorks SDK Roadmap
- Adobe AIR SDK Roadmap
- Android Runtime Roadmap
PS: Anyone see anything about USB host?