The team at CouponCodes4u can always be counted on for impromptu surveys. Alex Saunders pointed out their latest one highlighted in TheExaminer asking US phone owners if they are “Impressed with the rumored BlackBerry 10 devices.” THey asked 1,092 Americans if the latest BlackBerry 10 rumors were enough to convince them to switch cellphones and the results were impressive. Here is the breakdown of the survey respondents based on their first questions:
Do you own a BlackBerry device?
- Yes: 39%
- No: 61%
What mobile phone device do you own if you don’t own a Blackberry?
- 53% owned a Samsung
- 38% owned an iPhone of some description
- 9% owned a different device
The respondents were then asked if they were impressed by the proposed spec and photos of the BlackBerry 10 devices, leaked online.
- The majority, 55% said that they were impressed
- a third, 31%, of respondents admitted that they were ‘unsure’ and needed to see more information about the phone
- Just over a tenth, 14%, said they were “not impressed” by the proposed device.
Those who said that they were impressed by the BlackBerry 10 devices were asked to explain which proposed features they were most excited about, choosing from multiple answers.
- The most popular answer, with 59%, said the “touch sensitive bezel and screen gestures”
- 51% cited the “bigger battery” and 45% mentioned the 8MP camera
- 37% of consumers liked the ability to choose between a touchscreen and a QWERTY keyboard device
- while a quarter, 25%, said the improved BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) was an impressive feature.
Respondents who indicated that they were impressed by the BlackBerry 10 device were asked whether or not they would consider purchasing the new devices when they become available, to which just over half, 51%, said “yes”. Of these:
- 58% said they would prefer the N-series BlackBerry with a keyboard
- while 35% said they would be interested in purchasing the L-series full touchscreen model
- 7% of respondents admitted that they would be interested in purchasing both models.
Those respondents who previously mentioned that were not excited by the latest BlackBerry 10 proposed specs were asked to explain their reasons why, to which
- 46% said the device was “nothing special”.
- 35% explained that “Apple and Android had better apps”
- 13% of respondents said they felt that RIM was “too late in the game to make a comeback”.