Union has released Shadowgun, the same game that was showcased at BlackBerry Jam Americas last week. I had no idea there were plans to release the game for PlayBook, so this is a nice surprise for sure. Shadowgun is a full fledged 3rd person shooter and is definitely priced right. At just shy of 350 MB, its a good sized game and should prove to be an effective time waster. I’ve fired it up a few times now and the story isn’t amazing but the controls are intuitive and I enjoy taking cover, then popping out and destroying the baddies. It reminds me a little bit of the Time Cop arcade games.
More details and screenshots below.
☣ CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY! ☣
- Featuring the most advanced combat A.I. to date—enemies flank, seek cover, and utilize teamwork to take you down! Battle automated sentries, aerial drones, and other lethal foes—tactical maneuvers are based upon actual military strategy!
- Solve hacking mini-games to whet your nerdly appetite, then get back to blasting!
☣ CONSOLE-QUALITY GRAPHICS! ☣
- It ain’t just pretty—it’s gorgeous! Advanced lighting effects, beautifully rendered environments, and pro voices make this one of the most advanced games for your smartphone!
☣ LIKE YOUR SCI-FI SOAKED IN BLOOD? ☣
- Immersive storyline with multiple outcomes! You decide how it ends!
- The first installment in a major franchise!
- Unlock the detailed “Shadowpedia”, and read more about the SHADOWGUN universe!
☣ FROM THE MIND OF A MADMAN! ☣
- Survive the onslaught of Dr. Simon’s deadly creations, including level bosses, mutated grunts, killer machines, and more!