Files & Folders just doubled down on Microsoft with their latest update to v5.0. This update adds support for SkyDrive, Office Web Apps and Office 365. They also added better support for Google drive and other updates. They even updated the look and feel with new icons inspired by BlackBerry 10. New features include:
- NEW! Support for SkyDrive, Office Web Apps and Office 365! SkyDrive is Microsofts answer to Dropbox. It integrates very well with desktop and online versions of Microsoft Office, and provides 7GB of free storage. Learn more and sign up at skydrive.com.
- Swipe down, tap SkyDrive and sign in with your Windows Live ID.
- We show you your own SkyDrive, and files/folders that others have shared with you, but due to SkyDrive restrictions we cannot yet show files or folders that must be fetched from your computer.
- Tap an Office file, then tap Open online to fire up the Office Web App Preview or Office 365 (depending on your Microsoft account).
- ENHANCED! Google Drive
- Now much faster, especially for users with many files.
- Your own files and files people shared with you are now in separate top-level folders.
- Because of these changes, any Google Drive folders you have starred will have to be re-starred.
- ENHANCED! Redesigned look & feel, new icons inspired by BB10.
- NEW! Choose your favorite color scheme! The light scheme has better visibility during the day, while the dark scheme is easier on the eye at night and handy for presentations, meetings and on stage. Choose your flavor from the General page in the Settings screen.
- NEW! Online manual, so you can read it in a separate browser window or on another device.
- FIXED! Many more major & minor improvements & bug fixes.
Check out the latest Files & Folders for $2.99 with a free 3 day trial in App World.