Back in July RIM’s head of gaming, Anders Jeppsson, teased us that The Bard’s Tale was coming to the PlayBook and BlackBerry 10 courtesy of Square One Games. Well it is finally here and it looks AMAZING!!! The game is a whopping ~1.5GB (3.2GB uncompressed) which is the largest I have ever seen for a PlayBook game. That file packs in what they call a “full scale massive 3D epic role playing game” and they beg you to “see why its the BIGGEST BlackBerry game ever made!”
The game has you acting as the Bard digging through journeys, quests, and other sub levels as you sing to summon characters to do battle for you. There are some pretty impressive stats to this game with 20-30 hours of gameplay including:
- 50 enemy types (not counting bosses!)
- A vast world to explore with towns, wild forests, rivers, castles, towers, secret dungeons, snowy mountains, caverns, haunted tombs and more
- A full cast of bizarre NPC’s
- Over a dozen special boss enemies to defeat
- 16 magical characters to discover and then summon at will to aid you
- Over 150 unique items of weaponry, armor, instruments, tokens, artifacts and loot!
- More Song & Dance numbers than any other game, including a zombie dance-off!
- Over 14 hours of outstanding voice-acting from top Hollywood talent, including Cary Elwes (The Princess Bride) as the Bard, and the inimitable Tony Jay as the Narrator
Better yet they have added these features to the BlackBerry version:
- Autosave—option to save automatically when you near a save-book in game.
- Time-Savers—optional in-app purchases are available to pump up your Bard and save you time! (Note: All such items are attainable through normal game-play, with time and persistence, just as in the original console release.)
- Includes the original classic game The Bard’s Tale I: Tales of the Unknown! 2 & 3 coming soon! (Supports Bluetooth keyboard and mouse)
Thanks JennyP for the tip!