I am a huge fan of Sultan Al Sooz’s Advance OS and LED utility for BlackBerry smartphones. The swiss army knife of BlackBerry utilities just got a nice update to v14.5 with a boatload of new features. The main focus of this update is an extreme level of customization that you can now set for notifications. The app already offered a ton of options but now it has been taken to a new level (some might call it insane). You can now have different ringtones and LEDs for different contact sources (BBM, SMS, email, calls) for each individual contact! I personally appreciate the ability to set a different ringtone for known and unknown callers and the call end sound which is useful.
Check out the full change log below:
- Added (combined) Ringtones feature inside the LED Light feature, with the following changes:
- Added the ability to control phone calls ringtones like never before (2 different ringtones for known and unknown contacts).
- Added Ringtones for BBM,Email,SMS,Incoming & Missed calls for INDIVIDUAL contacts and related Applications.
- Added Call End sound (guarantee to play sound after call end).
- Added Missed Call sound for all calls (or can be customized per individual).
- Added Network and Battery status sounds and vibrations.
- Added a ringtone recorder & player from within the ringtone selection screen.
- Added new ability to create different notifications (Call,SMS,Mail,BBM) for the same contact.
- Renamed LED Light feature to "LED & Ringtones" feature with new layout
- LED Contacts are sorted alphabetically.
- Changed App’s Core engine for battery and performance enhancements (better LED and Popups Response).
- Battery notifications moved from Sound profiles to ‘LED & Ringtones’ feature.
- Fixed "call lock screen" sometimes showing before call connect and after call end.
- Fixed BBM FAQs answers not showing all text.
- Fixed Issue with ‘Contacts Manager’ feature not removing extra contact lists.
As Sultan Al Sooz said on Facebook when he announced this release: “Its time to change what people know about phone customizations.” You can download the free Advance OS and LED app from App World or from www.alsooz.com