RIM seems to proactively avoid providing change logs for some of their apps but that has not stopped them from providing some solid ones for the BlackBerry App World website. There is nothing drastically new in this update but it brings us to v3.1.2 Maintenance Release 4 from the previous MR2 in April. On of my favorite fixes is the larger font for product descriptions but here is the change log BJacklin provided from RIM:
- BWP transport (Anyone know what this means?)
- Carrier Merchandising changes
- NFC changes (customer facing)
- BBM API integration upgrades (customer facing)
- Interrupted downloads to appear in My Word
- Integration with CCL on the Handheld
- Finnish language support
Also worth highlighting is the full documented change log RIM put up in their documentation library for developers here. It highlights:
- Vendor logo – You can now upload a vendor logo that displays beside your vendor information on the BlackBerry App World storefront.
- New fields to specify tax information – Additional fields were added to the payment information tab allow you to specify tax identification or registration information for the United States, Canada, and Europe.
- Try & Buy license type deprecated – You can no longer select the Try & Buy license type for new products that you want to make available on BlackBerry App World. If you have an existing Try & Buy product available on BlackBerry App World, you can continue to submit new releases that use the Try & Buy license type, but you cannot submit a new release that uses the Try & Buy license type and also supports BlackBerry 10 or later or the BlackBerry PlayBook OS.
- Cannot change license type for products after adding a release – After you add a release for a product, you cannot change the license type, regardless of the status of the release or the product. To change the license type of an approved product, you must make the product unavailable on BlackBerry App World and submit it again as a new product with a different license type.
- Restriction for products with the same name – If you add a product that has the same name as one or more products that you added previously, you can only make one of the products available for sale on BlackBerry App World.