A friend of mine showed me Smart Lock on his BlackBerry Torch 9860 and I was impressed. It combines the overdone Slide to Lock/Unlock replacement screen with a few twists. First of all it adds a slide to change profile option which is especially useful on the 9860 that does not have a keyboard for you to hold down the Q button. It will also show you BBM, SMS, and email notifications along with the senders name.
- BlackBerry® Messenger, SMS and Email notifications even see senders name for SMS and Email!
- Switch between any two profiles with the swipe of a finger
- Fully customize screen with custom backgrounds, font colors and icon colors
- Lock on call, on device start, on lock key, or after a timeout
- Allow emergency calls to any number while locked
- Add to System Menu for quick locking
- Optional sounds on unlock
- Option of choosing in which apps you want to disable this app.
Check out Smart Lock in App World for $0.99. Let us know if you spot any other apps that do something similar.