The BlackBerry 10 Jam World Tour has been making a whirlwind journey around the world. They are about to kick off this week in my hometown of NYC and based on previous events this should be another hit event. RIM was kind enough to send us over some details about the events with both Toronto and NYC starting this week at fully booked events with more than 250 developers at each.
They shared some solid stats about the whole roadshow along with quotes from some developers who attended the first events in the North America tour:
- 23 BlackBerry Jam Cities in 12 Weeks
- Over 5,000 Developer Attendees Anticipated Worldwide
- Over 5,000 BlackBerry Dev Alpha test devices seeded
- Over 300 apps to be presented as lightning pitches (whereby select registrants pitch their apps to fellow attendees. Attendees vote for a winner)
- Fully booked events in Paris, London, Jakarta, Barcelona, Berlin, Toronto, New York, Santa Clara and Bangalore
Here’s what developers are saying coming out of the BlackBerry Jam events:
"With BlackBerry 10, RIM is providing developers with a wider selection of first-party tools than any other mobile platform available and is evolving them based on developers’ direct input. The result is that RIM is delivering high-quality tools which meet developers’ actual needs, enabling us to focus on what we do best instead of fighting with our tools."
– Matt Lewandowsky, developer, Greenviolet
"BlackBerry more than ever before is invested in developers. The tools are better than ever before, the support is there as well. I’m very excited for the future of BlackBerry."
– Arthur Phillips, Developer, GadgetNerdly
“I’ve seen without a doubt that RIM knows what they are doing and they are empowering their developers by providing all the right tools. It was encouraging seeing the BlackBerry team readily and openly answering questions of the crowd at a recent event and candidly making themselves available to developers. When a developer asked when to expect the BlackBerry 10 tools to be ready, the reply came, ‘It will be ready when you tell us its ready.’"
– Mikel Calderon, teacher and new developer
“With BlackBerry 10 and its suite of developer tools, RIM enables a wide array of developers, ranging from web programmers to C/C++ hackers, to rapidly build fast, secure, and graphics-rich mobile apps. Impressive tool kit and an engaging user experience!"
– Vikram Davar, Principal at Tezlane Inc.