Facebook for BlackBerry just got an update with many bug fixes and some new features. If you are not a member of the BlackBerry Beta Zone community you can sign up here to participate on early versions of BlackBerry applications. Some new features include group support, liking comments, and child protection support.
- Facebook for BlackBerry doesn’t receive notifications
- Groups wall not showing all posts
- The load more comments button was not available in some circumstances, making older comments inaccessible
- Photos on Group Wall does not open to correct photo
- If a post to a group fails the resend from notification does not resend
- Group icons do not match the icons that are displayed on the Facebook website
- Opening Groups from the Navigation Grid multiple times opens multiple Group list screens
- Facebook notification did not show on device today view after SIMs swapping
- Did not get event invitation push notification
- Likes count incorrect in Likes list if launched from stagnant comment screen
- Likes and comment numbers of Group wall post did not persist after reopening the Group profile
- Likes on picture does not always appear when accessing posts from message inbox notification of likes
- Page profile is treated as non-friend profile in people like list
- "Disable Public Photo Sharing" IT policy did not apply if user uploading photo from media app
- "View null’s Profile"/"View Photos of null" when invoking GCM or BB menu on a Group photo
- Hindi EULA appears to be missing the first paragraph (possibly more)
- Wrong error message is shown for child (parental) protection policy
- Device jumps back up on screen while scrolling in Facebook for BlackBerry in case the image is longer then what can fit on the screen.
- Friends list profile photos very large on low resolution device – only two friends visible
It is nice to see RIM actively pushing out new updates for Facebook, and the native Twitter apps, lets hope they have some cool looking native apps for BB 10.