RIM has realized that many of the complaints corporate users have with their BlackBerry devices have been vastly improved with BlackBerry 7. The problem is that many corporate IT departments are not updating users devices to BlackBerry 7 devices. Now RIM has created a new website www.upgrademenow.com to help enterprise employees make the case to their managers for an upgrade. Its actually a good idea though I am not sure how well it will work.
Here is the pitch RIM is making to employees:
If your BlackBerry doesn’t look like one of these, it’s time for an upgrade. Have a conversation with your IT manager today about upgrading your work device to a BlackBerry® 7 smartphone.
Features that will help enhance your productivity at work (and your enjoyment off the clock).
- The fastest BlackBerry browser to date
- Apps that help make you more productive and keep you more connected
- A unified inbox that consolidates all your messages and alerts in one place
- BlackBerry Tag on NFC devices — an easy way to share contacts and photos
- HD video recording and playback
- Easy integration with BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet
- The BlackBerry platform designed with security at the core
I am curious how many of you are still issued work devices that predate the BlackBerry 7 line. Let us know in the comments!