RIM today made Desktop Manager Available through the BlackBerry Beta Zone to registered members. This new update brings a few surprise additions one is the support for BlackBerry Dev Alpha including a instructions on how to reload the OS on the device. The other is the 4G PlayBook support. We mentioned that the LTE version of the PlayBook recently got FCC approval so it looks like RIM is on top of things as far as finally getting things out the door.
About this release
- With BlackBerry Desktop Software 7.1, you can:
- Add a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet that has BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0.1 or later installed on it
- Sync your music by individual songs or by collections of music, including albums
- Sync all of your configured data at one time by toggling the sync button in a synchronization screen and selecting Sync All
- Drag and drop picture and video folders from your computer into the BlackBerry Desktop Software to sync with your smartphone or tablet
- Learn about Music, Pictures, and Videos before configuring the features
- Support for 4G PlayBooks
- Support for new BlackBerry 7 OS devices
- Major bug fixes
- Support for BB10 Alpha Developer devices
- This version also allows certificate sync which it makes it easier for BES users to activate and sync certificates
Direct links for download thanks to rroyy at this link
To signup for a Beta Zone account hit the following link.