Splashtop has been doing well on the PlayBook as one of the leading remote desktop solutions out there. Late last week they announced that they have extended their solution on the PlayBook to also support enterprise users with Splashtop Pro. This service is designed for IT shops that want to build on Splashtop Remote Desktop for remote access. It gives companies the same features as Splashtop along with centralized web based user and resource management along with enhanced security.
Check out the full details in the video and press release below or at www.splashtop.com/pro
Splashtop Releases Splashtop Pro – Enterprise App for the BlackBerry PlayBook
With Splashtop Pro, IT can mobilize a workforce with BlackBerry PlayBook tablets in thirty minutes
May 10, 2012 – San Jose, CA – Splashtop Inc., the worldwide leader in cross-device computing, today announced the release of Splashtop Pro with support for BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablets. Splashtop Pro is designed for corporate IT, service providers and system integrators to enable a mobile workforce with tablets. Splashtop Pro is a much-anticipated app for the enterprise IT community deploying BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, and follows on the success of Splashtop Remote Desktop HD, a top-selling app for the PlayBook.
With Splashtop Pro, IT can securely manage and monitor devices through an easy-to-use cloud-based web console. Now IT can deploy and set policies that enable a mobile workforce to leverage personal, private, and public clouds, whether they are running on a physical or virtual machine.
"RIM is focused on winning the enterprise, and Splashtop Pro is the perfect app to support the PlayBook’s success there," said Mark Lee, Splashtop CEO and co-founder. "Employees can go anywhere with their PlayBooks and have secure remote access to all their applications and files on their computers."
"Splashtop has developed some of the leading applications for the BlackBerry PlayBook, including one of the more popular business applications in App World today. We are excited that Splashtop is bringing Splashtop Pro to the PlayBook," said Martyn Mallick, VP of Global Alliances and Business Development. "Splashtop Pro and Blackberry PlayBook are a winning combination to bring remote desktop control to the enterprise."
Using Splashtop Pro, an IT administrator can:
* Easily deploy tablets in an organization without infrastructure changes
* Enable secure access to applications, files and content on corporate computers from a mobile device
* Centrally manage the connectivity of mobile devices and computers via a simple web-based Admin Console
* Manage user permissions
* Group computers for shared access
* Manage connections based on policies such as connection type and time
* Monitor connection history
* Manage updates
* Receive priority support
With Splashtop Pro, employees can be mobile and more productive by using a tablet to share a company’s hardware and software resources. Splashtop Pro eliminates the need to transfer, convert or sync files and multimedia among devices. Important work files and office applications, such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel and Word, are easily accessed, as well as videos, music, and photos for presentations.
Splashtop Pro is suitable for use in a variety of business scenarios; for example:
* Field sales reps needing access to their company’s internal CRM system or other pricing and inventory information
* Real estate agents wanting to adjust their schedules without going back to the office
* Telecommuters working from home who want to remote in to the office computer over VPN
* Designers looking to impress their clients when presenting
* Healthcare professionals seeking easy access to patient EMR to explain findings interactively
* Franchise owners sharing marketing or other information with branches
* Restaurant managers using mobile devices for inputting orders
IT administrators can sign up for a Splashtop Pro account that supports 5-25 users at http://www.splashtop.com/pro/free, for the first thirty days.
Splashtop Pro is comprised of two components:
* Splashtop Pro application running on the BlackBerry PlayBook
* The free Splashtop Streamer software that runs on any computer with Windows 7, Vista, XP
Download Splashtop Pro for the BlackBerry PlayBook on BlackBerry App World™ athttp://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/107724
Watch Splashtop Pro video at http://youtu.be/y694AePJjG8