Formula 1 fans with PlayBooks just got a nice top shelf app to cover the races. F1 has announced their official F1 Timing and Track Positioning App, from Soft Pauer, is available for the PlayBook. This is a companion to their smartphone app and Jed let us know if you have one you can download it on both your BlackBerry PlayBook and smartphone. Features include:
- Real Time Track Positioning - Displayed on our dynamic and interactive map. You can see the position of every F1 driver on the track at the same time. See the gaps and pit stops as never before!
- Follow Your Favourite Forumla 1 Drivers - Selecting a driver switches the camera to follow that selected driver around the race track. Watch as they battle for position!
- Live Timing Data - Timing data is streamed direct from Formula One Management’s technical centre at the race track to the palm of your hand. With multiple timing screens including sectors, gaps and speeds. Watch the sessions like the engineers on the pitwall!
- Live Leaderboards - Combined with live timing data, scrollable leaderboards display a wealth of data.
- Download Race Packs - Download race packs after the event to watch the sessions again and again. Perfect for tape delayed broadcast!
- Live Text Commentary - Lap by lap live text commentary keeps you updated while the action unfolds.
- Event Counter & Notifications - A new enhanced Infobase with an event countdown that shows the time to the next session and informs when a session is live. Optional notifications alert you when sessions are approaching.
- Keep Up To Date - Easily access a wealth of information with latest drivers and teams stats, race information, standings and latest results.
- Complete Formula One Access - Experience each and every Formula One Grand Prix session via the live timing & track positioning feed in the palm of your hand.
You can find the Official F1 Timing and Track Positioning App in App World for a pricey $19.99. Check out the announcement on the Formula 1 website or below.
The only official F1 Timing and Track Positioning App, from Soft Pauer, is now available for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Demonstrated at last week’s BlackBerry World event, the app includes an array of great features and over 130 hours of live racing action, making it a must-have for any Formula One fan.
It is more than just a timing screen; it provides access to the all the minutiae of a race weekend, from free practice on a Friday to the live race on a Sunday afternoon, and all for less than £1 per race weekend.
“We are pleased to introduce the BlackBerry PlayBook to the Formula One experience and give F1 fans another platform with which to enjoy the sport,” said Soft Pauer’s chief technical officer Alex Powell, speaking about the latest addition to the portfolio of devices that can run the app.
Each and every race in the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship is brought direct from the track to the tablet in less than two seconds and represented by both live 3D tracking maps and via a selection of live leaderboards and timing screens. Live Pause allows users to quickly replay action, while a vast database of information on the whole season can be accessed at any time.
Great features include up-to-date tyre information as choices are made, the inclusion of DRS zones and all the latest F1 news as well as real-time track positioning, live timing data and more.
For a full list of features and to purchase the BlackBerry, iOS or Android versions of the app, click here.