Lucas from N4BB just posted a nice Sunday read, some findings from J Duke of OSBB going through the BlackBerry 10 file system on the developer alphas, that were handed out last week. It shows the internal names of the upcoming BlackBerry 10 devices. It is stated that the information can be viewed by typing file:///radio/etc/sv.numbers in to the browser bar on the alpha devices. Device names after the break.
- # R044 – Nevada 0x8400270A,1
- # R051 – Winchester2 LTE 0x0c001a06,1
- # R052 – Winchester2 HSPA+ 0x0d001a06,1
- # R053 – Winchester2 LTE HSPA+ 0x0e001a06,1
- # R061 – Colt 0×04002307,1
- # R072 – London 0×04002607,1
- # R073 – Blackforest 0×04002706,1
- # R084 – Nashville 0x8500270A,1
- # R085 – Naples 0x8600270A,1
Above is the list of device names used internally by RIM. The Colt is the alpha device received by devlopers, and the London as we have seen rumoured is a revision of the Colt. Blackforest has been predicted to be the unannounced 10″ PlayBook, while the Winchester2′s being 3G and 4G models of the current 7″ PlayBook. Some devices we have no information on are the Nevada, Napes and Nashville.
It is great to see people tearing through the dev alphas and letting us know what is coming in the near future for BlackBerry.