Matthias Marquart has pushed the envelope a bit further with iMazing this week. We mentioned iMazing when it launched as a utility that let you easily handle incoming messages by simply swiping. I love the app because some of its features were developed when I asked for them so I am a bit biased. Now Matthias has also added in basic SMS support to iMazing. The issue with SMS support is that due to BlackBerry API limitations it is not possible for developers to delete, mark as save, or mark as read a SMS message. For now you can read and dismiss them.
Also added in the latest iMazing v220.127.116.11 from the change log:
- Added additional customizable actions for swipe left, swipe right and double tap:
- SMS-Support (OFF by default – need to be enabled in the Options)
Unfortunately cause of API-limitations there is no support for some core functionality of iMazing for SMS Messages – for example DELETE, ‘MARK as SAVE‘ or ‘MARK AS READ‘ can’t be supported cause of the restrictions of the APIs available to 3’rd party developers.
So please don’t expect too much from the SMS-Integration of iMazing there are not much available options and functions.
- Configure for each of your eMail accounts an additional color code that will be displayed in front of the message in the popup list – you can select from ten different color squares: none, Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, White, Aqua, Violet or Pink
- Added new Option ‘No Popup in Clock/Bedside Mode’
Enabling this option will disable the iMazing popup while the clock is active. Use this option when you do not like to see any incoming messages while in bedside mode.
- Added new Option ‘Turn LED off on Close’
Select if iMazing should automatically turn off the LED when the popup list window will be closed.
- Switched default actions for Swipe-Right and Double-tap (just effecting new users)
- ‘Enable Backlight on new eMail’ should not unlock your device any longer.
Pick up the latest version of iMazing in App World. It has a free trial that shows you one message at a time and you can upgrade to the full version through in app purchase.