RIM has been ramping up to their first BlackBerry 10 Jam developer event which is a sister conference to BlackBerry World. They have been promoting the conference and offering incentives to get as many developers to come and develop for BlackBerry 10 as possible. They are also giving these developers BlackBerry 10 Dev Alpha devices to test their apps on which is pretty sweet!
Now that the countdown to the conference (May 1st to 3rd) is almost here RIM has one last promotion that they are offering to BlackBerry App World Vendors to fill the last spots at BlackBerry 10 Jam. They have distributed a code to all vendors giving them a free registration pass to BlackBerry 10 Jam. We reached out to a RIM spokesperson for some clarification and she told us that":
“We wanted to find a way to reward our BlackBerry App World vendors for their continued support and enthusiasm for BlackBerry. We also know that BlackBerry 10 Jam is going to be a really unique opportunity for developers to get not only insight into the tools for BlackBerry 10, but to ask questions, receive one-on-one help and get practical experience with the tools, under the guidance of our platform experts. This just naturally led to offering our vendors the opportunity to come to the show. That said, they’ll need to register pretty quickly, as space is limited and we have to do this in a first-come, first-served manner.
The conference is definitely open to all developers and the schedule is packed with at least 60 sessions planned that run from information sessions to hands-on tutorials and labs, an AppendTo training hack day, an App Circus event and the unconference day. But the complimentary conference pass is really for BlackBerry App World vendors only. One of our top priority areas right now is recognition and reward for our developers and this seems like a pretty good way to say thanks.”
If you are an App World vendor make sure to check your email for the opportunity and coupon code or let us know if you need it. You are also still eligible for the every 100th app contest which will pay for your travel and hotel. Let us know if you are an App World vendor and did not get the email to register. Either way hurry up since there are not that many spots left! Tim and I will be right across the road at BlackBerry World so make sure to let us know what you are developing!
Here is why RIM thinks developers should attend BlackBerry 10 Jam:
- All BlackBerry 10 Jam attendees get access to some BlackBerry World™ activities, including the BlackBerry World General Session. Hear from Research In Motion® (RIM®) executives, including President and CEO Thorsten Heins on RIM’s vision for the future of mobile computing and more.
- Find out the latest on the BlackBerry Developer Community from Alec Saunders, Vice President, Developer Relations and Ecosystem Development, QNX Software Systems Limited, and get in-depth examples of up and coming BlackBerry 10 applications from our BlackBerry partners.
- Browse through the Session Catalog to find out about all of the content that will prepare you for building BlackBerry 10 applications.
- RIM is hosting our first Unconference Day on Thursday May 3. We will provide the room and you bring the ideas! You can participate in sessions led by RIM and the BlackBerry development community, have the opportunity to present your hot topics, and even participate in an exclusive appendTo development training session where you can get hands on training on how to develop HTML5 + BlackBerry® WebWorks™ applications using the jQuery Mobile framework.
- AppCircus is going to be at BlackBerry 10 Jam on Unconference Day! Submit your app by April 29 for a chance to win a year of concerts with $25,000 USD.
- Ready to Jam? RIM is holding a special networking event for BlackBerry 10 Jam registrants on Wednesday May 2 from 7:00-10:00pm. This is your chance to synch up with fellow attendees and the RIM’s Developer Relations and Software teams to talk code and have fun.
- Visit the BlackBerry World Solutions Showcase to meet and connect with theconference sponsors exhibiting their latest innovations.
- Take advantage of all the networking opportunities, including the BlackBerry Appy Hour TweetUp, the BlackBerry World Welcome Reception and the BlackBerry Party.