We have been hearing rumors that RIM is going to launch the Universal Device Service portion of Mobile Fusion in the first few days of April after a short delay. Now they have more or less confirmed that by releasing seven knowledge base articles publicly for Universal Device Service specifically calling out its iOS and Apple components. In case you don’t know Universal Device Service is the portion of Mobile Fusion that will allow administrators to control iOS and Android device security and policy from a central console.
Check out the new knowledgebase articles below:
- KB29529-Universal Device Service Error – "Profile Failed to Install" when trying to activate an iOS device. : http://goo.gl/QEHwg
- KB29537-How to determine where the BUDS Database is installed. : http://goo.gl/NeZMz
- KB29582-Error "A server with the specified host-name could not be found" when trying to activate an iOS device : http://goo.gl/Jz384
- KB29603-"The user name or password is incorrect" when trying to log into the Universal Device Service console. : http://goo.gl/zewcb
- KB29639-"APNS Certificate or Password" Error during Universal Device Service install. : http://goo.gl/WIUQ6
- KB29636-Smartphone state stuck on ‘Pending activation..’ : http://goo.gl/zL3KY
- KB29701-Error "An Attempt to connect the database was unsuccessful" when performing UDS install. : http://goo.gl/Rcb4h
Let us know if you find more!