Keeper let us know about his latest PlayBook project called Pesktop that was just released in App World. The new app brings lots of utilities to the PlayBook which Keeper is hoping to improve to emulate desktop utilities. For example, there are sticky notes, file exporer, calculator, image viewer, and more.
- Sticky Notes:
- Create New Note
- Manage Notes such as Edit Note, Delete Note.
- You can move your note around the screen or hide it.
- Note’s content is auto saved with created/modified time.
- Audio Player: Immediately display the Player and your Music folder, touch on the song and here you go. You can also move the Audio Player up or down for your convenience.
- Video Player: Immediately display the Player and your Video folder, touch on the video and enjoy. You can also move the Video Player up or down for your convenience.
- Calculator: Immediately display integrated basic Calculator.
- Image Viewer: Invoke BlackBerry® PlayBook™ Photo Gallery within 2 seconds.
- Taking Photo: Turn on Camera immediately right within Pesktop.
- Record Video: Turn on Video Recorder immediately right within Pesktop.
- App World: Invoke App World from Pesktop within 3 seconds.
- File Explorer:
- Immediately display your Home folder, from here you can browse Camera folder, Documents folder, Music folder…
- Anytime you click on a file, Pesktop will handle it automatically such as displaying images, playing audios, playing videos, opening Word/Excel/PDF documents and so on…
- Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename your File, show File’s properties such as file size, date created…
- Create New/Copy/Cut/Paste/Delete/Rename your Folder.
- Quick New Stuff Button allows you to create quickly new Notes, new Word document, new Excel document.