RIM has released a new beta version of BBM 6.2. If you’re a Beta Zone member, go sign in and get it. If you are not a Beta Zone member and you want it, go register! Make sure to sign up for the Consumer BlackBerry Messenger 6.2 Program, as well as any others you wish to participate in. Standard warnings and disclaimers about pooching your device with beta software are in effect.
- User is returned to the contact list after sending a voice note via the convenience key if the chat is opened from the Messages application.
- Virtual keyboard does not appear automatically when editing personal message
- When trying to switch chat from switch chat menu within conversation, user information is partially cutoff
- Send picture dialog is displayed as a vertical bar for device font size 14.
- Highlighting a BBM contact displays a different contact’s display picture.
- Pressing the convenience key while the menu is open in a chat returns the user to the contact list if the chat is opened from the Messages application.
- Scrolling quickly in the inline edit view allows the focus to move out on to the user’s avatar.
- Pressing the Enter key while the focus is on the user’s avatar initiates the inline edit view.
- Some smileys remained as text in a message sent to a multiperson chat for all participants.
- Send voice note dialog buttons are cut off in landscape mode when the virtual keyboard is displayed.
Log in or register at BlackBerry Beta Zone (You will need to navigate to Beta Zone on your handheld for the OTA download.)