Along with bringing the PlayBook Native SDK to v2.0 RIM has also brought their acquired Scoreloop social gaming SDK to v1.0. That means the new cross platform social gaming ecosystem with over 120 million users is now out of beta for PlayBook OS 2.0. What this does is allow developers to focus on improving gameplay while using Scoreloop to make the games social.
The new Scoreloop SDK allows developers to easily add:
- Leaderboards – Allow players to compete on regional and global leaderboards
- Awards and Achievements – Keep players engaged with challenging achievements
- Player Challenges – Add competitive edge with social challenges
- Player Profiles – Personalize the experience with editable profiles
- Friend Management – Spur competition between closest rivals