One of the coolest new features in the BlackBerry PlayBook OS 2.0 update is Print to Go. The new software allows you to print from any application on your PC directly to your PlayBook. That means instead of printing out that 40 page PowerPoint or Word document or even website you can now simply read it on your PlayBook by printing to it. The way it works is you install the Print to Go app on your computer as a printer and when you print you just select the Print to Go printer. It will then ask you for your BlackBerry ID and password to send the document to your PlayBook. Its that easy!
- KB28662-What is Print To Go
- KB28665-What are the various error messages when Print To Go cannot communicate with a BlackBerry PlayBook
- KB28663-Uninstalling the Print To Go desktop drivers
- KB28669-Unable to print to BlackBerry PlayBook using Print To Go due to space limitations
- KB28668-System Requirements for Print To Go
- KB29684-Installing Print To Go
I am loving what RIM has done with Print to Go. I am just hoping RIM also makes it bidirectional so you can print from your PlayBook to your PC’s printer. Ofutur even suggested that RIM allow you to print to a group so you can send the documents to a friends PlayBook.