It has been awhile since we last heard of Smoothie from Tafasa. In case you forgot it is a BBM Connected social network built on the BBM SDK that was launched about a year ago. It helps you find other BlackBerry users with similar interests, location, and other settings. They just released Smoothie 2.0 this week which brings multiple chat capabilities allowing you to be in multiple chats at the same time. They have also revamped their “Blender” process that helps you preview your match before you begin to chat and receiving chats that were recommended to you.
You can check out the list of new features in Smoothie 2.0 below or simply pick it up free in App World.
- MULTIPLE CHATS: You asked, we listened! Multiple chats are now supported in Smoothie! Now you can take part in multiple Coffee Shop and Blender conversations at once, and manage all your chats from the main chat screen.
- ALL NEW BLENDER: The Blender has been completely revamped to give you the best experience possible! You will find the all new Blender at the top of the main chat screen. With the same customizability as the old Blender, you will now be able to generate matches and preview them before trying to connect to chat. Find someone you feel like talking to? Click on the recommendation, and you will be connected directly to them. The Blender allows others to find and start chats with you as well, so as long as you have the Blender enabled, you’ll be sure to meet someone new!
- ABOUT ME: Now you can include a little blurb about yourself on the profile page
- VOTE TO KICK OUT: If you feel like a person is being inappropriate in a chat room, simply go to their profile from the list of participants and click on "vote to kick out". The other person will be warned and your vote will be recorded. If enough people vote, the person will be removed from the chat. We are working hard to make Smoothie a fun place for all!
- IMPROVED ALERTS: The alert system has been improved so that you can see which chats have new activity straight from the main chat screen, as well as an indicator on the icon whenever there is something new for you to see in Smoothie.
- WORKS IN THE BACKGROUND: With all the great new additions now available in Smoothie, you are going to want to keep the app running in the background while you use the rest of the great apps on your device. Smoothie does just that when you hit the escape key. You can always quit the app or leave a chat from the menu in the application.
- EXPANDED HISTORY: Since you’re going to be talking to a lot more people with this new version of Smoothie, we’ve expanded the number of people stored in the history section, helping you find the people you want to chat with later on BBM
- IMPROVED RELIABILITY: Smoothie 2.0 introduces several changes that will make the app more reliable and efficient, giving you the best experience yet
- Lots of other bug fixes and improvements