RIM released BlackBerry Desktop Software v7.0 in the Beta Zone back in November of last year. Vodafone then sort of released it on their website in January but RIM was nice and hush about it. Now RIM has officially made Desktop Manager v7.0 official on their website and available to all for download. This version is 7.0 B44 and was just released today along with a bunch of knowledge base articles about it that you can find below. I have not found the change log for this release but it is supposed to improve sync to desktop apps.
- Unable to configure Desktop Software 7.0 to synchronize with Outlook
- How synchronization filters function during two way synchronization
- When synchronizing future appointments entries sometimes appointments in the past may be transferred
- When configuring synchronization a prompt informs you that no Microsoft Outlook profiles have been created even if another application is to be selected
- When configuring PIM synchronization for Lotus Notes field mappings and filter options appear blank
- After synchronization with Lotus Notes contacts without a last name may have the first name placed in the last name field
- Information is transferred to desktop mail client when “Create separate entries for conflicting data” when performing a one way synchronization to the device