I am not sure what to make out of Match.com’s latest survey of 1,068 Canadian singles done by Zoomerang. They found that 48% of BlackBerry users have had sex on the first date compared to 62% of Android and 57% of iPhone users. This came across again when 47.6% of BlackBerry users said they have had a one night stand compared to 50% of iPhone users and 55% of Android users. They also found that only 50% of BlackBerry users were the most active visitors of dating sites compared to 58% of iPhone and 72% of Android users. On the flip side 72% of BlackBerry users were the most likely to drink alcohol on the first date.
I have been married for a but I still find this unscientific study fun to think about. Still I am wondering if its not a bad thing to be drinking alcohol on the first date… Especially if you are out to dinner or a pub/club.
iPhone Users: The Office Romantic
- iPhone addicts are the most likely to date someone in their workplace. Nearly a quarter of iPhone singles have had an office romance in the last five years.
- After a first date, iPhone users wait just one day to reach out, while Android or BlackBerry users will wait until after 2-3 dates.
BlackBerry Users: The Drunk Dialer
- If you’re dating a BlackBerry fan, prepare to imbibe. BlackBerry users are most likely to drink alcohol on a first date – 72 percent will have a boozy beverage on a first night out.
- A whopping 67 percent of BlackBerry users say they have experienced love at first sight.
Android Users: The Seducer
- Android users are most likely to be seduced on a first date. 62 percent of Android singles say they’ve done the deed after date number one, compared to 57 per cent of iPhone users and 48 percent of BlackBerry users.
- Out of all smart phone users, Android fans are most likely to have a one-night stand (55 percent).
- 72 percent of Android fans have visited an online dating site, compared to 58 percent of iPhone users and 50 percent of Blackberry users.