I grew up playing SNES. It started with MarioWorld and MarioKart and moved into Super Punch Out, StarFox, Street Fighter 2, and UN Squadron. Needless to say, as soon as I found out this SNES emulator was available for PlayBook, I sprinted for my PC, PB, and USB cable to get the retro goodness rolling! I chose UN Squadron as my first screenshot because it is a less well known game that I absolutely LOVE. Sidescrolling airplane fighting action with awesome upgrades and lots of challenging levels. I highly recommend it.
I already had the DDPB installer ready to go on my PC, so getting my favorite SNES games on my PlayBook was as simple as this:
- Connect the PlayBook to the PC via USB
- Start development mode on the PlayBook
- Frantically find SNES roms for my fave games of all time (found them all here, but google can tell you more I’m sure)
- Download the .bar file
- Open the DDPB installer
- Click scan and enter your password
- Add the .bar file (snes9x-pb-1_0_0_5.bar)
- Click install and wait for it to complete
- Find the icon on your PlayBook, open it and allow file access
- Add all your favorite roms (.smc files) to the roms folder on your PlayBook
- Enjoy hours of SNES awesomeness wherever you tote your PlayBook!!!
Here are some more screenshots of my favorite SNES classics. Let us know what you load up!