When I first heard of this it immediately brought to mind the fact that Polar Mobile has signed a deal with the NHL players association for mobile apps in December. Hell RIM signed a deal with Polar back in March of last year for 100 PlayBook apps that we haven’t seen yet. Now Bla1ze @CrackBerry noticed that RIM has launched a new campaign together with the NHL Players Association to promote the PlayBook. It seems like five players will be giving us a behind the scenes look at what happens off the ice filmed using BlackBerry PlayBooks.
The five Players are:
- BOBBY RYAN – ANAHEIM DUCKS #9
- JOFFREY LUPUL – TORONTO MAPLE LEAFS #19
- MARTIN BIRON – NEW YORK RANGERS #43
- SCOTT HARTNELL – PHILADELPHIA FLYERS #19
- MICHAEL GRABNER – NEW YORK ISLANDERS #40
You can check out their current website at playbook.nhlpa.com but my bet is we will probably be seeing some apps with behind the scenes action soon. Check out their promo video below: