As usual you always have to take rumors with a grain of salt. I know for a fact that this latest rumor from the BoyGenius is not all inclusive for 2012 but it does give you a better idea of what is coming from RIM in 2012/2013. This rumor confirms previous ones that have a HSPA+ PlayBook with a 1.5Ghz processor coming in May/June. That is simply a slightly updated version of the current PlayBook OMAP4 processor that we mentioned previously. The BlackBerry London is supposedly coming in September along with a QWERTY Bold in December.
Here is what the BoyGenius is hearing for the next 15 months from RIM:
- RIM plans to introduce two new Curve smartphones within the next few months: the BlackBerry Curve 9230 and the BlackBerry Curve 9320. The 9230 will be an EDGE smartphone and the Curve 9320 will be an HSPA device.
- While we don’t have confirmation on the size, we have heard that RIM will introduce a new PlayBook tablet with 1.5GHz processor, built-in HSPA+ 42Mbps cellular data support and NFC around May or June.
- RIM’s BlackBerry London is still on track for a September launch.
- There is now another BlackBerry 10 smartphone in the works that will launch as part of RIM’s Bold series. The phone features a touchscreen display and QWERTY keyboard, and it is planned for a December release.
- A QWERTY slider running BlackBerry 10 has been talked about for the first quarter of 2013.
Now if only Thorsten Heins can start bringing in those release dates… Also their LTE PlayBook is mysteriously missing from this rumor.