RIM’s CES focus seemed to touch a little bit on BB10 and a lot on PlayBook 2.0. I know that many of us were expecting a bit more in the way of whats to come for the company we all want to see succeed. Well N4BB just posted a rumoured roadmap for 2012. Most of it has already been mentioned or spoken about, but its good for affirmation.
Here are the upcoming highlights of 2012:
- 10″ PlayBook releasing in December 2012, will be LTE enabled
- 7″ PlayBook releasing in April 2012, will be 3G+ (will not be LTE due to chipset)
- First BlackBerry 10 phone releasing in September 2012
- PlayBook OS 2.0 releasing end of February 2012
- Mobile Fusion releasing in April 2012
- PlayBook Admin Service releasing in Summer 2012
- Two new Curves for emerging markets. One Curve will be 2G only.