You may not have heard of Backbreaker 2 Vengeance but it is a very popular game by Natural Motion Games for the iOS and Android. Its an (American) football style game with an extreme focus on tackling and it works like a charm on the BlackBerry PlayBook. Check out some of the gameplay screenshots below:
They have multiple different modes for you to run the field but you can get a great idea of how the gameplay works by checking out this trailer for the iPhone version:
Here are the features they list for Backbreaker 2 Vengeance:
- ALL-NEW VENGEANCE MODE – The all-new Vengeance Mode turns the tables: now YOU tackle! Can you take down that ball carrier?
- NEW MOVES – As well as the existing spin and juke moves, you can now jump and truck. It’s a whole new game!
- NEW, ENHANCED SHOWBOATING – Really rub your opponents’ noses in it with new multi-touch super showboat! You’ll bag more points, but your player will slow down. What will you risk?
- NEW ON-FIELD OBSTACLES – It’s not going to be easy to get into the endzone. Obstacles and obstructions, such as hurdles and truck gates, are there to make your life that little bit more… challenging.
- NEW TACKLE ALLEY WAVES – Fans of the classic action of the original game won’t be disappointed. Get ready for 100 new waves spread across Tackle Alley and Vengeance mode… this time with a few extra twists!
- NEW STADIUMS – Two all-new stadiums have been added, including – for the first time – the breathtaking day-time San Francisco stadium from Backbreaker on Xbox 360 & PlayStation3.
- STUNNING GRAPHICS UPDATES – Backbreaker 2: Vengeance features console-quality lighting and full Retina display resolution. And just like the original Backbreaker Football, the action is powered by NaturalMotion’s Morpheme and Endorphin animation technologies
You can find Backbreaker 2 Vengeance in App World for $2.99