We mentioned Lemma a few months ago when it launched as an opensource (GitHub) free Twitter client for the BlackBerry PlayBook by Sully Syed (@sullysyed) built on WebWorks. Since then it has been updated a few times with a major update to v1.1.x this month. Terry let me know that Lemma announced the update on their blog which details the new changes in this version. It uses the new bbUI.js toolkit released by RIM’s Tim Neil which gives it a nice performance boost and a complete makeover.
Here is the full change log for Lemma v1.1 (v1.1.2 is now in App World)
- All new interface: New colours, new icons, and far less cluttered
- Vastly improved scrolling performance for the timeline
- Smoother page transitions
- Improved Compose Tweet/Reply With Message interface (far less laggy)
- Added “View In App” functionality, powered by the Readability v0.4.4 algorithm
- A new user tutorial for those new to Lemma and its unique, list-based take on Twitter