We have mentioned a few ePub ebook readers for the PlayBook since it launched but PlayEPub is one of the top contenders. It offers up a pretty solid feature set including what they call “real book-like pagination” if that is important to you. It can read any non-DRM protected ePub book and should be able to handle most.
You can find PlayEPub in App World for $1.99 below. It is under constant development and you can see the latest updates below:
- New menu option to set landscape mode on one or two columns. Suggested by many people on Twitter, Facebook and email.
- Added help button on reading mode.
- Solved issue with italic font, reported by Dave Croal via web
- Solved issue rotating from landscape to portrait mode reported by Adrian via web.
- New menu option to set clock to 24H/12H format
- New menu option to enable or disable Playbook default standby mode when reading
- Solved some issues when opening books with bad uuid
- Delete bookmarks from window
- Check font colors to any element on night mode
- New feature: highlight text on bookmarks and notes. Now, when adding a bookmark or a note, selected text will be highlighted when reading. This feature works only for new bookmarks and notes, old ones will not highlight text.
- Improved bookmarks and notes system. It has more accuracy now going to linked page. This new system works only for new bookmarks and notes, existing ones will work as usual.
- Solved a bug moving selection end to last char of a paragraph, it can be selected now.
- Solved a bug deleting notes
- Solved issue when going to a bookmark or note inside the same chapter you are reading.
- Added welcome and what’s new screens.
- Improved reading options, book own styles are shown by default increasing appearance.
- New menu option to deactivate book styles and use generic ones.
- Improved file browser with copy/paste/del/rename/unzip options
- Improved UI on main screen, colors, spaces…
- Solved issue with page chapter hidden on night mode, reported by Gossieur on Twitter
- Font family is now defined per book.
- Minor bugs solved