The popular PhoneGap cross platform web app solution (recently acquired by Adobe) was updated to v1.3 this week. The new update brings a nice bit of growth with BlackBerry support since RIM is contributing directly to PhoneGap. This new version of PhoneGap also brings support for BlackBerry development on Mac OSX.
The change log for PhoneGap v1.3 specific updates for BlackBerry (full details):
- Added OSX support. You can now develop for BlackBerry on a Mac.
- Added download method to filetransfer
- Updated PluginResult Exceptions to use latest naming scheme
- Fixed a memory leak issue with WebWorks
- Added Lifecycle changes and app.js functionality
- Added activity and progress notification functionality
Another update worth noting for BlackBerry web developers is that RIM’s developer relations team released an NFC extension for WebWorks that they have been working on on the GitHub page. Josep let me know that RIM has posted a whole explanation about the extension in the forums along with a primer to get WebWorks developers started.