Over the years I have had a few friends install Viper’s SmartStart system into their cars. The system lets you start, lock, and unlock your car from your BlackBerry or other smartphone. That also means you can remotely start your car to blast the heat before you get in. When Viper pointed that out to me I thought it couldn’t hurt to highlight how they want to make the holidays a bit warmer:
- Viper SmartStart users can remote start their vehicle from anywhere in the world to warm it during winter months, lock or unlock doors, and even get a security alert on their smartphone if their alarm is triggered.
- This provides great relief for those times when you’re not sure if you locked your car
- With the SmartStart GPS system, users can ensure their teen is driving safely by monitoring their car’s location, movement and speed. It also has hot spots and proximity settings that alert you when someone takes the car somewhere they shouldn’t.
- Parents won’t have to worry anymore if their teens are going somewhere they shouldn’t – if the car leaves a set proximity or goes to a hotspot they will receive an alert on their smartphone or can access the location of the car on the SmartStart application
- The Viper SmartStart application is a free download for iPhone, BlackBerry, Android, and is coming soon for Windows Phone 7, and the in-car Viper SmartStart control module is available for $299 at Best Buy and other authorized Viper dealers. For more information visit www.viper.com/smartstart.
- Viper is jump-starting the holiday remote start season with Mail-in Rebates up to $100 plus a “Win a Free SmartStart” Sweepstakes, at select retailers now and on the web at www.directed.com/freeprize. Complete details are on the rebate form, which is available in stores and online.