We told you on December 6th that the BlackBerry Java SDK v7.1 was supposed to go Gold that day according to RIM’s Alec Saunders. Things seem to have gotten a bit delayed but Henrik from Bellshare let us know in the comments that it is finally here! You can download the new BlackBerry Java SDK v7.1 from RIM’s developer site. The main new features are:
- NFC P2P – The NFC Peer-to-Peer API allows applications to share files and other data through NFC technology initiated communication with Bluetooth® handover.
- FM Radio – The FM Radio API is designed to give applications the ability to manipulate FM tuner settings on BlackBerry smartphones with supporting hardware.
- Profiles API – The Profiles API brings more Super App features to applications, allowing them to query current profile settings and adjust their own application behavior accordingly or, conversely, intelligently change the current profile to match the user’s current activities.
- Other new features included in the SDK
- Magnetometer — calibration changes
- ICCID of SIM