We have been hearing rumblings of UberSocial coming out with a new release and now it is official. Terry let us know that UberSocial has pushed out v1.3 on their website. We know a few of the beta testers and according to them this version is pretty solid. It mainly adds integration with BBM letting you set BBM status or personal message as your last tweet.
Here is the full change log from UberSocial 1.252 to 1.3:
- Integrated with BBM, you can now set your BBM status or personal message to your last tweet, requires BlackBerry OS version 5.0 or higher.
- You can save and restore draft tweets from the compose screen.
- Reworked the login mechanism with Twitter to avoid some issues.
- Added the ability to turn off the global ‘Uber Tweet’ menu item
- Fixed bug in mypict.me upload which could cause the app to lock up.
- Fixed bug in keyword muting where you couldn’t include a ‘#’ at the beginning of the keyword.
- Fixed bug where UberChannel background images were getting their corners rounded.
- Changed the link color in the red and pink themes to be more readable
A lot of these changes are very welcomed, like the BBM status update from your tweets. UberSocial is free, but you can pay $4.99 per year to have the ads turned off. You can pick up the update directly from UberSocial or wait for it to go up on App World.