SonicAir (aka Air Sonic) is an Adobe FLEX implementation of a Subsonic streaming client for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Mir & Windsor Design created this client that streams tons of different variants of Music and Video from your PC to your PlayBook. It uses the powerful Subsonic streaming server on your desktop and you need API access which you get if you donate to the Subsonic project. @Bla1ze pointed out SonicAir to me and I have to say I have been impressed since I started using it. If you are a media buff this is definitely worth it since Subsonic can stream practically everything you throw at it including high def files like 720p MKV videos.
- Listen to music
- Watch Videos
- Control Bitrate
- Cache Lists for offline use
- Create Playlists
- Play playlists
- Use quick list feature to create on the go playlists
Check out their great guide on how to setup SonicAir and Subsonic here. You will then need to download Subsonic and donate to the project to get API access and only then should you purchase SonicAir for $2.99 in App World.
The latest v2.2 was just released this week and here is the current changelog:
Features, enhancements and bugfixes 2.2 (30/10/2011)
1. Improved application performance substantially.
2. Minor bug fixes.
3. Random/Shuffle works when pressing next.
4. Added default audio bitrate option.
Bug fixes 2.1.13 (17/10/2011)
1. Buffer handling improved.
2. Full screen bug after multiple videos fixed.
New features in 2.1.8 (14/10/2011):
1. Shuffle music
2. Repeat single song/entire list
3. Remove items from now playing
New features in 2.0.2 (06/10/2011):
1. Keeps playing audio in background
2. Quick video playlist
3. New UI!
4. Search feature
5. Scroll to by letter (Alphabet Jump)
And smaller ones you may not notice!