In case you are not familiar with HopStop they offer a very useful directions and navigation service. You can use their service to get public transit, walking, taxi, and biking directions in dozens of cities throughout the US, Canada and Europe. I use their website all the time in NYC and its great to see them bring those features to BlackBerry.
Features of the app include:
- Get point-to-point directions from your current location with detailed maps
- Set your travel preferences – bus, subway, walking, taxi, include/exclude regional rail or vehicles operated by private companies
- Access addresses from your contact list
- Map a location and see nearby subway and bus stops
- Estimate travel time and cost for a taxi and call taxi companies with a tap
- Save recent searches and favorite trips in MyTrips
- Get biking directions in NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, and San Francisco
- Find out how many calories you burn on each route and how many carbon emissions you save compared to driving
- See wheelchair accessible and stroller friendly routes
You can pick up the free HopStop app for OS 5.0+ devices in App World. Let us know what you think of it!