I am really loving the number of apps that are coming out for the PlayBook for Google Reader. The latest to join the fray is Newspile by Dennis Schneider. This new app “focuses on simplicity and design” and seems to hit that target but it is missing offline caching which is what I want.
The feature set of Newspile includes:
- offers a huge pile of news articles you love.
- synchronizes two ways. This means that all changes you make within Newspile (i.e. read, star, or broadcast an news item) appear in your Google Reader and vice versa.
- allows easy, touch optimized pull-to-refresh synchronization
- lets you view embedded videos in fullscreen mode.
- lets you share news items via Google.
- is optimized for low CPU and Memory consumption to increase the battery life of your BlackBerry PlayBook.
- stores news items locally, for a faster reading experience.
- has a intuitive and clean layout.
- opens embedded links in your BlackBerry PlayBook Browser.
- supports GZIP – Compression, which makes fetching news items efficient, fast and bandwidth friendly.