I am loving the games devs are creating for the BlackBerry PlayBook nowadays. @BerryInformed let us know that HotGen has released a slick new game that I think was built on the Marmalade SDK for the PlayBook. They are also releasing their popular iOS To-Fu: The Trials of Chi game for the PlayBook in the next week or two.
Spacelings is a puzzle action game where you must pull, push, grab, deflect, detonate and slingshot your way through the 100+ levels. Your ship has a tractor beam and you need to help save your fellow spacelings.
- Branching level structure: Find one of the advanced levels too devious? Choose another and come back later.
- Zero gravity gameplay: use your tractor beam to slingshot obstacles away or force explosive enemies together and cause massive chain reactions!
- Multilayered gameplay mechanics: Negotiate and utilize beam switchers, teleports, reflectors, disruptor fields and more across a bewildering variety of challenges.
- Dumb but distinct enemies: Manipulate and exploit 5 enemy classes against each other using your skill and cunning. In this battle of wits you are nearly always outnumbered but never outgunned!
- Comprehensive tutorial and hint system: Getting stuck? Check out that level’s three help screens for hints, medal status and map!
- Out of this world replay value: want to simply unlock connecting levels? Just rescue one Spaceling and leave the level. Want to max out a level? Spacelings has almost 400 advanced challenge medals to test players of all skill levels!
You can pick up the slick Spacelings game in App World for a very reasonable $1.99