Kristofer of VisualDreams let us know that they have brought their flagship game, Slam Dunk Basketball, to the BlackBerry PlayBook. They are planning on bringing all of their games to the PlayBook with this being the start. Slam Dunk Basketball has been a huge hit for them on iOS with over 1 million players so it should be interesting to see how it does on the PlayBook. The graphics look slick and the gameplay is totally fun. These Marmalade SDK powered games are really just a sneak peak of the gaming potential for QNX and the PlayBook especially with native games.
The goal of Slam Dunk Basketball is to score as many shots as you can in 90 seconds and you get more points for scoring. It kind of reminds me of the old school basketball games in arcades. Check out the original trailer for the game below:
- Awesome POWERUPS to increase your score
- 11 awesome and varied LEVELS with different difficulty
- Over 40 UNLOCKABLE ball skins
- Fun and CHALLENGING GOALS to complete on each level
- Complete goals to LEVEL UP and reach the Hall of Fame
- Over 60 ACHIEVEMENTS to complete
- Unlock levels, balls and powerups in the SHOP
- LOCKER ROOM, inspect your statistics, achievements, and goals
- How to Play, simple instructions for all goals
- SIMPLE CONTROLS, aim where you want to shot. Simple as that!
Kudos to the VisualDreams team for bringing their games to the PlayBook. You can pick up Slam Dunk Basketball for $3.99 in App World.