We mentioned that App World was officially updated to v3.0 for all users yesterday but we did not have an official change log. Thanks to their official forums admins we now have one you can see below. The other thing I noticed while looking through the documentation is that the App World website, vendor portal, and purchasing API have been getting regular iterative updates in the form of maintenance releases. We knew about at least one of those but it turns out that RIM is now on App World 3.0 MR3 for their website.
That includes the initial 3.0 website rollout on July 5th along with a August 4th MR1, August 23rd MR2, and September 2nd MR3. You can check out those change logs here but they mostly seem to be cleaning out bugs. This is a godsend because RIM previously used to wait for a major version update to fix bugs on their website like the annoying Firefox search bug in v2.0.
Here is the change log for the on device App World 3.0 release (Release notes here)
Announcing App World 3.0
Explore the sleek new BlackBerry® App World™ storefront, where a world of inspiration is waiting for you. Make play time more fun and personalize your BlackBerry® smartphone, find the hottest games and entertainment, and get apps that help you stay connected with the people who matter. And, find new ways to boost your productivity—with apps that give you easy access to the information you want and need.
- A world of inspiration waits for you at the sleek new BlackBerry® App World™ storefront.
- The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help you discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- Each channel offers up a whole range of categories.
- If you’re looking for games, jump right in to the category that grabs you. Same thing if you’re looking for apps. If work’s on your mind, head straight into the Productivity category. Know what you’re after? Use the search bar at the top of the screen to enter the name. The results are clearly grouped by channel.
- Search for and buy apps in more ways
- In addition to PayPal™, you can pay for apps using credit cards—including Visa®, MasterCard®, and American Express®—or charge them straight to your wireless bill.
- When there’s a hot new offer on an app, game, or theme, quickly find out what it’s all about.
- At a glance, you can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more.
For additional support related questions please visit www.blackberry.com/support/appworld