We told you earlier this week that the BlackBerry 7 browser now allows you to add custom search engines and change the default search engine. What we couldn’t tell you back then is that this lets you bypass the Verizon and other carriers default setting of Bing as the default browser search option and set to to whatever you want like Google or even BerryReview. This is surprisingly easy in BlackBerry OS 7. All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Open the web browser
- Hit the menu button and select options
- Click on Manage Search Engines
- Hit the menu button and select New
- Enter in the name (Google) and for the address copy and paste one of the following:
- To search Google Mobile Search use: http://www.google.com/m/search?q=%s
- To search BerryReview articles use: http://www.berryreview.com/index.php?s=%s
- To search BerryReview Forum posts use: http://www.berryreview.com/forums/search.php?q=%s
NOTE: The way this works is you simply copy the URL from a search you would normally use and notice where the URL has your search term.
- You can then click on any of the available search engines to change your default search provider!
Let us know how it works for you!