I cannot confirm if this new BlackBerry OS 7 feature will be in all BlackBerry 7 devices but we have received screenshots and confirmation from two users of Rogers BlackBerry Bold 9900s that the feature is there. It lets you change you default search engine in the BlackBerry 7 browser. That means you can change it from Google to whatever you want. The BEST part is that you can even create your own! With a few clicks you can create a quick way to search BerryReview. All you need to do is:
- Open the web browser
- Hit the menu button and select options
- Click on Manage Search Engines
- Hit the menu button and select New
- Enter in the name and for the address copy and paste one of the following:
- NOTE: The way this works is you simply copy the URL from a search you would normally use and notice where the URL has your search term. For example for Google Mobile Search:
- You can then click on any of the available search engines to change your default search provider!
Slick right? Thanks to those of you who provided the screenshots. I really hope this feature is in all builds.