The time has come for BlackBerry App World 3.0 to start its public beta. RIM let us know that the download is now available for BlackBerry smartphone users in the Beta Zone. It has a slick new look and now splits out Apps, Games, and Themes. Check out all the new features below and in the announcement blog post.
New features include:
- Sleek New Design - The BlackBerry App World experience has been enhanced to help users discover the latest and greatest apps and content, starting right on the BlackBerry App World home screen where rotating spotlight banners show off all that’s new and exciting.
- New Channels - Apps, Games, and Themes now have their own channels so users can get to what they want even faster.
- Introduction of My Account - My Account makes managing BBID and payment options easy with direct access to all account information from the home screen.
- New My World Features - My World gives users a streamlined view of their apps and status, and now at a glance, in addition to seeing which apps are installed and uninstalled, users can manage subscription content and services. When new updates or subscription renewals are available for apps, users will be notified using push technology.
- App Social Sharing – When a user finds an app they can’t live without, they can share it directly from the app details screen through BBM, Facebook, Twitter, email and SMS
- Evolved App Details Screen - At a glance, users can get a quick summary, check out reviews and star ratings, take a look at screen shots, and more
- More Search Options - Quickly find apps with a Search Bar now appearing on the storefront home screen and search results are presented across Channels as well as My World. Search Bars are also within each Channel and users have the ability to filter by App Name, Price, Rating, Newest, Best Match, or Popular
You can pick up the new version of App World in the Beta Zone at www.blackberry.com/betazone